Monday, December 17, 2012

Joyful Christmas Season! The True Light



The True Light

The one who is The True Light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.  John 1:9 (NLT)

My fingers grasped air as my eighteen-month-old granddaughter dashed from my side. She expected me to give chase through the house—a game she loves to play. 

Barreling around the living room sofa, I chanted; “I’m gonna get you. You better run!”

She bumped into the wall at the front entrance. Stranded. Dancing in place, she squealed. No place left to go. The room was dim, her hiding place dark. She stood two feet in front of me, a giggling, bouncing ball of energy and eagerness. 

That’s when I snapped a light on just above her head. The bright light burst into the space, and she was undone, revealed and loving every moment of it.

Laughter tumbled from her lips louder than before as soft baby curls swayed round her chubby cheeks. She hugged herself in hysteria, then bolted to grab hold my knees, nearly toppling me.

So it was with The True Light. Jesus annihilated the darkness and splashed the world with great and everlasting truth, enlightenment, and joy. 

When He burst on scene, the powers of darkness quaked, and angels rejoiced. The prophet Simeon extolled Him as God's salvation, the one to bring the light of revelation to all people. (Luke 2: 25-35)

Though this world can be a dark, desolate, and evil place, it's darkness is obliterated by the brightness of a Savior who emancipates and shines as bright as the noonday.


The Message Bible says: “The Life-Light was the real thing: Every person entering Life He brings into the Light."


Listen for His Whispers

No comments:

Post a Comment